General Teaching Competence Scale Urdu
Here in this post, we are sharing the “General Teaching Competence Scale Urdu”. You can read psychometric and Author information. We have thousands of Scales and questionnaires in our collection (See Scales and Questionnaires). You can demand us any scale and questionnaires related to psychology through our community, and we will provide you with a short time. Keep visiting Psychology Roots.
About General Teaching Competence Scale Urdu
There currently is an abundant knowledge-base to inform us that in schools teachers play a critical role in student learning and achievement. Research reveals that how teachers instruct and these interactions with students is the cornerstone around which to build effective schools. A summary of the available studies accumulated over the past 40 years on a key education driver, teacher competencies offers practical strategies, practices, and rules to guide teachers in ways to improve instruction that improves student performance and the quality of the work experience.
Four groupings of these competencies can help organize and simply for teachers what they need to master to maximize their performance: classroom management, instructional delivery, formative assessment, and personal competencies. These four categories also provide the essential core around which decision-makers can construct teacher preparation, teacher hiring, teacher development, and teacher and school evaluations.
Knowledge of Students and Their Development
- Understands and appreciates diversity
- Forms constructive relationships with students
- Connects students’ prior learning, life experiences, and interests with learning goals
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies and resources to respond to students’ diverse needs
- Facilitates learning experiences that promote autonomy, interaction, and choice
- Engages students in problem-solving, critical thinking, and other activities that make subject matter meaningful
Creates an Effective Learning Environment
- Establishes a climate that promotes fairness and students
- Establishes a collaborative learning environment
- Creates a physical environment that engages all students
- Plans and implements classroom procedures and routines that support student learning
- Uses instructional time effectively
Understands Subject Matter
- Demonstrates knowledge of subject matter content and skills
- Interrelates ideas and information within and across subject matter areas
- Uses instructional strategies that are appropriate to the subject matter
- Uses materials, resources, and technologies to provide meaningful learning
Plans and Designs Appropriate Learning Experiences
- Establishes goals for student learning
- Develops and sequences instructional activities for student learning
- Modifies instructional plans to meet the needs of all students
- Uses resources to meet the needs of the student
Uses On-going Assessment to Monitor Student Learning
- Communicates learning goals to students
- Collects and uses multiple sources of information to assess learning
- Assists students in assessing their own learning
- Maintains up-to-date records a analyzes data
- Communicates with students and families about student progress
Develops Professional Practice
- Reflects on teaching practice to extend knowledge and skills
- Establishes goals for professional development
- Meets the responsibilities of a professional educator
- Works with families in supporting student learning
- Maintains positive relationships with other professionals
- Works with colleagues to improve professional practice
- Adapted from UMN-SFPS Teacher Standards and Competencies
General Teaching Compétence Scale (Passi & Lalita, 1977) is a 21-item scale to measure the teacher’s competence. Responses are obtained on 7-point Likert Scale ranging from “Not at all” to “Very much”. The sum of the rating against the 21 items constitutes the score on general teaching competence. The maximum possible score is 147, whereas the minimum score is 21. The interobserver reliability coefficients range from 0.85 to 0.91.
The Urdu version has shown inter-item reliability of 0.78.
General Teaching Competence Scale (Urdu)
The purpose of our website is only to help students to assist them in finding the best suitable instrument for their research especially in Pakistan where students waste a lot of time in search of the instruments. It is totally free of cost and only for creating awareness and assisting students and researchers for good researches. Moreover, it is necessary for you to take the permission of scales from their representative authors before use because copyrights are reserved by the respected authors.
Help Us Improve This Article
Did you find an inaccuracy? We work hard to provide accurate and scientifically reliable information. If you have found an error of any kind, please let us know.
Add comment. we appropriate your effort.
Share with Us
If you have any scale or any material related to psychology kindly share it with us at [email protected]. We help others on behalf of you.