MCQs on Gender and Sexuality
Here in this post, we are sharing the MCQs on “Gender and Sexuality”. You can read MCQ with answers. We have a lot of collections of MCQs on Psychology. Psychology Roots team works hard to provide you the important stuff and plans to provide past papers, MCQs, and much more for your career guidance. You can join our community, and part to contribute your part. Keep visiting Psychology Roots.
Identify the letter of the choice that best completes the statement or answers the questions
In differentiating between the terms sex and gender,
- sex refers to biological aspects of identity, and gender refers to psychological and social identity.
- gender refers to socio-cultural identity, and sex refers to sociocultural identity.
- sex refers to sociocultural identity, and gender refers to biological identity.
- none of these represent the terms correctly.
Primary sexual characteristics refer to
- all those physical structures and psychological traits influenced by sex hormones.
- development of breasts and body shape in the female, and changes in hair development and voice in the male.
- the sexual and reproductive organs themselves.
- estrogen in the female and testosterone in the male.
Which of the following occurs first developmentally?
- gender identity
- secondary sexual characteristics
- primary sexual characteristics
- reproductive maturity
Secondary sexual characteristics include
- the development of breasts and body shape in the female and changes in hair development and voice in the male.
- the sexual and reproductive organs in males and females.
- the development of appropriate sex roles.
- menarche and menopause in women.
Menarche is to menopause as
- onset is to the cessation of menstruation.
- androgen is to estrogen hormones.
- testes are to ovaries.
- the male is to female.
A major sign of puberty in women is the onset of menstruation, called
__________ refers to the release of ova (eggs) from the ovaries.
- Primary sexual characteristics
__________ refers to an end to regular monthly menstrual periods.
The gonads are the
- biological name for the sex cells.
- the biological term for sex hormones.
- sex glands.
- single determinant of gender.
The female hormones are called