Children’s Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale
Here in this post, we are sharing the “Children’s Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale”. You can read psychometric and Author information. We have thousands of Scales and questionnaires in our collection (See Scales and Questionnaires). You can demand us any scale and questionnaires related to psychology through our community, and we will provide you with a short time. Keep visiting Psychology Roots.
About Children’s Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale
The Children’s Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale (CY-BOCS) is one of the most popular measures of symptom severity for childhood obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). This study describes the factor structure of the CY-BOCS. A total of 233 children diagnosed with OCD were evaluated with the CY-BOCS.
The results indicated that two alternate 2-factor solutions (obsessions and compulsions; severity and disturbance) fit the data set best. The results also suggested that items assessing resistance to obsessions and compulsions provide unreliable evaluations of these symptoms in children with OCD. Recommendations for modifications to the CY-BOCS and clinical applications and future research with the measure are made.
Developed in 1997; Modified from Y-BOCS and the Children’s Y-BOCS developed in 1986
Scahill L; Riddle MA; McSwiggin-Hardin M; Ort SI; Goodman WK; Leckman JF; Cicchetti DV
Wayne K. Goodman, MD © 1986
- To assess the symptom severity of OCD
- Therapeutic area
- Mental Disorders
- Therapeutic indication
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Type of Clinical Outcome Assessment (COA)
English for the USA
Bibliographic reference(s) of the original questionnaire
- Scahill L, Riddle MA, McSwiggin-Hardin M, Ort SI, King RA, Goodman WK, Cicchetti D, Leckman JF. Children’s Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale: reliability and validity. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1997 Jun;36(6):844-52 (PubMed Abstract)
- Goodman WK, Price LH, Rasmussen SA, Mazure C, Fleischmann RL, Hill CL, Heninger GR, Charney DS. The Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale. I. Development, use, and reliability. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1989 Nov;46(11):1006-11 (PubMed Abstract)
- Goodman WK, Price LH, Rasmussen SA, Mazure C, Delgado P, Heninger GR, Charney DS. The Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale. II. Validity. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1989 Nov;46(11):1012-6 (PubMed Abstract)
The purpose of our website is only to help students to assist them in finding the best suitable instrument for their research especially in Pakistan where students waste a lot of time in search of the instruments. It is totally free of cost and only for creating awareness and assisting students and researchers for good researches. Moreover, it is necessary for you to take the permission of scales from their representative authors before use because copyrights are reserved by the respected authors.
Help Us Improve This Article
Did you find an inaccuracy? We work hard to provide accurate and scientifically reliable information. If you have found an error of any kind, please let us know.
Add comment. we appropriate your effort.
Share with Us
If you have any scale or any material related to psychology kindly share it with us at [email protected]. We help others on behalf of you.